In order for businesses to make sure that their employees are compensated accurately for their time at work, they keep records of their staff’s working hours by using time tracking tools. In the old days, this process was done manually. It could be done by using a ledger or by “punching in” using a paper timecard. But can you imagine keeping track of hundreds of employees or of staff who work remotely and in different parts of the world? That would be a monumental task that would keep a business owner up at all hours of the day!
Thank goodness for modern software based time tracking tools that make it easier for organisations of all sizes to measure an employee’s work hours. These employee time tracking apps essentially measure how much time it takes to complete a certain task. They’re wonderful tools for 3 reasons:
- Employers gain visibility over which tasks take the most time, and can begin to reflect on whether that time is well spent.
- Time tracking apps increase transparency and employee accountability.
- Employee time tracking software makes billing easier.
Now, if you own a modest sized business, you might be asking “what is the best time tracking software for small business owners like me?” Or if you’re a freelancer offering virtual assistant services, you might be asking “how can I track my time at work for free?”
Here are a few examples of time tracking software that you can explore:
- DeskTime – a time tracking software solution that also analyzes productivity. It is an Automatic time tracking software for teams and freelancers.
- Hubstaff – is a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software.
- Timecamp – is a simple, yet feature-rich time tracking app to help you gain insights into your projects and tasks.
- Toggl – has a chrome extension called Toggle Track that puts a timer into any web tool and allows quick real time productivity tracking with all the data stored on your Toggl account.
- Harvest – is a modern time tracking software that lets you see where your time is going, improve your projects, and increase efficiency.
- Hive – is an all-in-one productivity platform that not only tracks time but helps you manage projects and collaborate with teams of all sizes.
- Zoomshift – is actually a scheduling software designed for hourly employees.
- ClickTime – is a time clock software for project-based teams looking to more effectively allocate employee time. It not only helps track time but also expenses.
- Time Doctor – is an employee time tracking software that integrates with time sheets, payroll, and other project management tools.
- nTask – is also a project management software. It enables your teams to collaborate, plan, analyze and manage everyday tasks.
If you only need a minimalist timer that simply tracks how much time you spend on a task?
Here are 5 Google Chrome extensions you can use:
There are different reasons why people might need time tracking tools. You might be looking to hire a virtual assistant or a personal assistant to help you with your business. Thus, delegating tasks to your VA would require you to scan the market for a tool that can help track projects and compensate them accordingly.
Here at Virtual Elves, not only can we help you find a Filipino virtual assistant to assist you with your business needs, we can also help you sort out your time tracking requirements in order to manage your own team. We use the fabulous tool, Hubstaff. It helps us increase the productivity of our Filipino VAs through time trackers, activity rates, dashboards, reports and analytics. It can be used on all platforms (Web, Mac, Windows, Chromebook, Linux) and even has a mobile app compatible with both iOS, Android. Book a discovery call now to learn more about how we can help you improve your business!