Are you thinking about employing virtual assistant services? Are there tasks in your business that can be delegated to a freelancer, or a VA? Do you need help with project management?
Business owners wear a lot of hats. In the beginning of embarking on an enterprise, tasks can seem manageable. You can probably work on projects alone or with the help of a personal assistant. However, as the business begins to scale, these tasks can get out of hand. As your client base grows, more projects will start to come in. This means that more time will be spent on maintaining the business and working on projects. As a result, less time is spent on exploring opportunities for growth.
As a business owner, your time should be spent on areas that are within your “zone of genius.” These are activities that leverage your unique strengths and help your organisation get more clients. What are these areas?
Here are 2 steps to help you identify your zone of genius:
Record tasks: you need data in order to efficiently delegate tasks and this process helps with that. First, write down all work tasks that are part of the business. Record everything from big ticket tasks to minimal effort tasks. Some examples of things you might overlook include troubleshooting applications, sending out emails, and scheduling client calls.
Sort your list: on a piece of paper, draw a cross with passion on the y-axis and talent on the x-axis. You will now have four quadrants:
- High Passion, High Talent
- Low Passion, High Talent
- High Passion, Low Talent
- Low Passion, Low Talent
Everything that falls into the first quadrant are your areas of expertise, they will always get good results from you. Then, evaluate the tasks that fall into the rest of the quadrants. These are the tasks that can be delegated to others. This is the perfect time to hire a virtual assistant to help you with operational tasks.
What does a virtual assistant do?
Just like in-house staff, a virtual assistant can provide business support in areas like operations, digital marketing, lead generation, copywriting, accounting, customer service, etc. The only difference is that they can do this from any location.
What else can a VA help you with?
Here’s a list of virtual assistant services along with virtual assistant specialisations:
- Email management
- Handling customer inquiries and FAQs
- Handling calls
- Schedule and calendar management
- Document preparation and file management
- Content creation
- Article and blog post writing
- Guest posting
- Producing marketing and sales content
- Designing marketing assets and promotional copy
- General Virtual Assistance
- Content Writing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) & Digital Marketing
- Developing and optimising your SEO strategy
- Conducting keyword research
- Creating landing pages
- In depth competitor analysis
- Link building
- Google analytics
- Social Media Management
- Creating and optimising social media accounts
- Creating engaging social media posts
- Updating social media posts
- Engaging with your social media audience
- Web Development
- Web design
- Installing payment gateways
- Supporting these gateways and installing ticketing systems
- Maintaining website integrity
- Creating online forms
- Creating and monitoring affiliate links
- Audio & Video Editing
- Basic audio and video editing
- Uploading videos to social media sites
- Editing files
- Trimming footages
- Podcast production
Your VA can help you with these tasks while you focus your attention on activities that are within your area of expertise. If you’re looking for assistance in any of the areas mentioned above, Virtual Elves can help you find a reliable and competent Filipino VA to help you grow your business.