If you want to succeed in your field, then you have to know your industry, and if you want to know your industry, you need to know exactly how your industry is evolving at all times. This might sound complex and time consuming, but it doesn’t have to be.
Follow these 3 quick and easy tips to help you keep up with the latest trends, developments and news in your industry.
Use RSS Feeds
RSS feeds are great for syndicating content across the internet, but they’re also useful for concentrating all your article and topic interests into one single place. Simply use Google to find a good and easy to use RSS reader, install the program onto your computer, and go to your favorite websites and resources that talk about the latest trends within your industry. Hit the small RSS icon to have that website’s news and latest articles published onto your RSS reader.
Follow People on Twitter
People who love a particular topic or have a powerful interest in an industry tend to share their work, interests, and articles they come across through social media outlets. Follow these people and you gain access to all of what they’re passionate about–your industry. The easiest and quickest social media network to use for this purpose is Twitter, though others can be used. Here are a few tips to help you scope out these individuals.
1. Begin by following individuals and companies you already know in your industry, and then find out who they follow.
2. Do a simple search for topics, hashtags and locations and click on the people who show up.
3. Reply to a tweet that pertains to your industry. Join in on the conversation, get involved and connect with strangers, strangers who can quickly become terrific resources for keeping up with industry trends.
Attend Conference and Industry Related Events
Keep your eyes and ears open for any upcoming conferences, talks or events happening in your industry. Advertisements for these industry events and conferences can be found on Twitter, websites of professionals within your industry, and across the web. Attend these events, meet new people to connect and network with and hand out your business card. Going to these conferences might sound daunting, but they could mean the difference between coming up with your next life changing business idea and not. You never know what you might walk away with.
The way your industry operates is constantly changing. Keep up to date with these industry trends and changes by following these tips and by learning more about the authoritative figures who are passionate about your industry.
Understand the benefits of outsourcing for YOUR business, identify what tasks could be outsourced, create action plans around these tasks, then systemise and find and engage the right resources to fulfill those tasks! Get our E.A.S.Y Start Outsourcing Package now.
[ois skin=”Virtual Elves – Kristy Author : Footer Optin”]
Latest posts by Kristy Smith (see all)
- Answers to the top 10 questions people ask me about outsourcing - September 7, 2017
- Why Preparation and Training are Essential for Successful Outsourcing - August 20, 2017
- 12 Things to ask yourself before hiring a VA - July 24, 2017